|JSC’s Center Leadership continues to work closely with NASA Headquarters and members of the JSC and WSTF communities. The safety and well-being of our employees, families and community is of utmost importance. As the situation continues to evolve, we want to provide up-to-date information as it becomes available. (Please bear in mind that the answers are not always straightforward.) Below are the latest resources and guidance from the Center:
- JSC and WSTF are Open and at Stage 3 of the Agency’s framework response, with only mission-essential personnel whose duties cannot be done remotely going in to work at JSC, WSTF, or our contractor facilities.
- NASA employees and contractors may use their Personal Identity Verification (PIV) badges as proof of NASA and NASA contractor employment, if travel is questioned by local authorities. Click here for United State Attorney General memo.
- JSC employees preforming essential tasks who live in Harris, Galveston, or surrounding counties are part of the Harris Country essential business exemption which includes NASA. WSTF employees preforming essential tasks are considered part of the stay at home order in New Mexico which includes laboratories and defense and national security-related operations supporting the Unites States Government or a contractor to the United States.
- There is Center guidance on COVID-19 reporting, self-quarantining, isolation, social distancing, travel and return to work in accordance with CDC guidelines. You can find it here.
- You can find the town hall with Director Mark Geyer, Deputy Director Vanessa Wyche, and JSC Medical Officer Dr. Terry Taddeo here.
- JSC’s Employee Assistance Program is here to help if you’re having difficulty coping during this time. You can also call them at 281-483-6130.
As always, visit NASA People and JSCSOS and the Roundup for the latest information.