In response to recently identified Coronavirus cases in the Houston area, NASA Johnson Space Center (JSC) management is updating the policies regarding all tours and guests on site. The safety of JSC and White Sands Test Facility (WSTF) employees is our top concern. These policies may be revised as the situation develops. A center leadership working group has been formed and will meet twice a week to discuss this dynamic and evolving situation. We are taking these steps as precautions to ensure our workforce is prepared to support the mission.
These changes will be effective March 7, and include:
- Access to Buildings 9 and 30, NBL and Ellington Field are limited to those who have official business in these facilities.
- No tours of Building 30 and Ellington Field, and no floor access to Building 9 and the deck of the NBL will be allowed until further notice
- All Escort Required Visitor Badge (ERVB), employee led “official visitor with wristband” tours, Center Director, and Space Center Houston Guests are only allowed to visit the catwalks of B9, NBL and B16 SAIL.
Everyone should be aware that Rocket Park and Gilruth are available to the public. Employees should take the same precautions in these areas as they would at other public areas.
Some additional helpful tips during this time are:
- Practice social distancing
- Wash hands frequently – After going to the bathroom, before eating, after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing or having significant contact with others
- Use Hand Sanitizer if soap and water are not readily available
- Cover your mouth when you cough
- If you are sick- Stay Home
Stay tuned to jscsos.com for updates, including the latest information, and area updates.